Taj Mahal & Tiger’s Nest
This 2-week trip makes a perfect introduction tour of India and Bhutan all-in-one! Begin with a journey through India to witness the bustling and busy lifestyle. Explore its history of the Mughal empires and the British Raj through the kaleidoscope of India’s Golden Triangle: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Explore the heritage journey through Hindu and Islamic temples, ancient forts, beautiful palaces and the most magnificent shrine for a lost love, the Taj Mahal.
Continue to the eastern Himalaya mountains where Bhutan offers a life-renewing experience. Bhutan is the only country which measures progress by the happiness of its citizens rather than its wealth. It has been named by Lonely Planet travel guide as the top nation to visit in 2020. This country takes pride in its old culture and ways, so the introduction of anything new is carefully evaluated. For example, Bhutan was the last nation to legalize the television in 1999 over fears it would diminish its culture. This is one destination with a unique experience to remember. Its physical remoteness, cultural isolation and deep Buddhist traditions make any Bhutan tour an adventure for the mind, body, and spirit. Some may call it a refreshing insight away from modern day society.
14 Days, 13 Nights: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Thimphu, Punakha, Paro
📣 Special Offer Ends Nov 6
TRIP OVERVIEW (*UNESCO World Heritage Sites)
Delhi City Tour
Jama Masjid Mosque
Cycle Rickshaw at Chandni Chowk Bazaar
Lunch at Sikh Temple, Bangla Saheb Gurudwara
Mehtab Bagh (Moonlight Garden)
Fatehpur Sikri* (City of Victory)
Chand Baori Step Well
Jaipur City Tour
The Walled City of Jaipur*
Sheesh Mahal (Palace of Mirrors)
Jaipur City Palace
Kheri Gate Step Well
Tamchog Lhakhang (Temple)
Motithang Takin Preserve
Thimphu City Tour
Thimphu Weekend Market
National Memorial Chorten
School of Traditional Arts
Dochu-la Pass Day Hike
Punakha Dzong (Palace of Great Happiness)
Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of the Divine Madman)
Khamsum Yulley Namgyel Chorten
Drukgyel Dzong (Fortress of Victory)
Taktshang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TOUR
GLIMPSE INTO THE MAJESTIC PAST
The many past rulers have left behind numerous amazing forts, beautiful palaces, and fine architecture which are now UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Each historical monument possesses great history with its own unique identity.
BHUTAN’S SACRED TIGER’S NEST
No visitor leaves Bhutan without making the trek to Taktsang Palphug, aka the Tiger’s Nest. Situated on the edge of a cliff, some 1,700 feet above the rice fields of Paro, this 325-year-old monastery is the kingdom’s most sacred religious site.
SHARING A MEAL AT A SIKH TEMPLE
An eye-opening experience of the Sikh faith, their non-discriminating welcoming manner and festivity in the sacred temple. See the volunteers preparing 25,000 free meals daily. Share the roti, rice and curry with locals and other visitors.
Meet Up at Delhi (DEL)
Delhi | Old and New Capital City
Delhi – Agra | Qutub Minar, Moonlight Garden
Agra | The Legendary Taj Mahal
Agra - Jaipur | Life In the Desert
Jaipur | The Pink City of Jaipur
Jaipur – Delhi (DEL)
Delhi - Thimphu | Thimphu Walking Tour
Thimphu | City Tour
Thimphu - Punakha | Dochu-la Pass Gentle Trek
Punakha | Punakha Dzong, Chimi Lhakhang
Punakha - Paro | Khamsum Yulley Namgyel Chorten
Paro | Taktshang Monastery, Archery Demonstration
HotelsWe carefully handpick our hotels to ensure they provide you with the best comfort and experience. For Private Tours, you may request a specific hotel as one of the customizable options.
|Destination||Comfort Class||Premium Class||Luxury Class|
- COMFORT ⭐⭐⭐- 3-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- PREMIUM ⭐⭐⭐⭐- 4-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- LUXURY ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐- 5-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
|2021||Jan 11 to Apr 15||$5,200||Call|
|2021||Apr 15 to Sep 30||$4,995||Call|
|2021||Oct 1 to Dec 15||$5,265||Call|
- ‣ Indicative domestic airfare Delhi-Paro-Delhi is not available. Actual price available at tour booking.
- ‣ Daily departures except for Tuesday.
- ‣ Prices are in USD and are inclusive of all applicable taxes but do not include airfare.
- ‣ Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply during applicable major holidays. Special rates for single travelers or larger groups are available on request - please inquire.
- ‣ Note that tour prices vary according to season. If your tour straddles two seasons then each portion will be priced according to that season.
- ‣ We work with all major airlines for the best routes and competitive pricing.
- ‣ The nearest arrival airport is Delhi - Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL).
- ‣ The nearest departure airport is Paro – Paro International Airport (PBH).
- ‣ Contact us for more detail and pricing.
- ‣ Airport Transfers, Meet and Greet
- ‣ Hotel Accommodations
- ‣ Daily Breakfast and Selected Meals (See tour plan for details)
- ‣ English-speaking Local Guide
- ‣ Entrance Fees to Monuments & Attractions per Itinerary
- ‣ Bhutan Visa Fee
- ‣ Air Fare
- ‣ Travel Insurance
- ‣ Medical Expenses
- ‣ India Visa Fee
- ‣ Gratuity
- ‣ Personal Expenses
- ‣ A deposit of $300 and the airfare price is required upon booking. Full payment to be made 60 days prior to the departure date.
- ‣ A monthly installment plan is available - please inquire.