Tourist visas are arranged by us through our local Bhutan affiliate, an official letter is issued upon successful application. Present our official letter at Paro airport for your passport to be stamped with the visa. During your reservation, we will provide you with a list of information required such as a scanned copy of your passport photograph and a copy of your passport information pages, permanent address, and occupation.
United States of America passport holders do not require a tourist visa in advance to visit the UAE. Simply disembark your flight at Dubai International Airport and proceed to Immigration, where your passport will be stamped with a 30-day tourist visa free of charge.
Full details are at the Emirates government website:
American citizens and most Non-USA Passport Holders must have a valid Tourist Visa to travel to India for a visit.
The amount of the visa fee depends on nationality, for American passports the fee is $100 (at time of writing) plus a bank transaction fee of 2.5% of the visa fee.
You should apply for your visa as soon as your travel dates are confirmed, and at least 2 weeks before your departure; and within 120 days of your arrival date.
Once your e-Visa is issued, print your e-Visa. At your port of entry in India, look for e-Visa line at the Customs and Immigration. You need to present your printed e-Visa and confirmed round-trip or onward airline ticket.
If an e-Visa is not suitable for you then read on:
Indian Embassies do not accept visa application directly from travelers. They collaborate with Cox & Kings Global Services (CKGS) to handle the traditional visa application. https://www.in.ckgs.us. Once your visa is issued, follow the instructions to keep the necessary documents. At your port of entry in India, look for the Non-Indian Citizen line at the Customs and Immigration. You need to present your Visa and confirmed round-trip or onward airline ticket.
Full details for an e-Visa are at the Indian government web site
Note: Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports have been secured and are in your possession.
Which type of VISA is right for you?
Generally, the e-Tourist Visa is the more convenient way to obtain your tourist visa. You can assess if an e-Tourist Visa is suitable for you:
- Sightseeing or recreation visit
- Staying less than 60 days in India
- Planning to visit India within the next 120 days
- Will be entering India only 1 or 2 times in the next 120 days
- Will enter India at one of the following airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi. Or one of these seaports: Cochin, Goa and Mangalor
- You do not foresee needing more than 2 e-Tourist Visas per year. If you plan on visiting India more than 2 times per year or if you need a multiple entry visa, you should consider the traditional “paper” visa
If your travel plan does not fit the assessment, then consider getting a traditional paper tourist visa or a 10-year multiple entry tourist visa.
USA passport holders require a tourist visa to visit Nepal. You can obtain a 15, 30 or 90-day multiple entry tourist visa upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport or from the Nepal embassy in the USA.
A completely filled and signed visa application form using the Kiosk machines at Tribhuvan International Airport
- Visa fee in cash (US dollars, exact amount) at Tribhuvan airport. For other ports of entry, cash in US dollars only:
- The cost of a 15-day multiple entry visa $25
- The cost of a 30-day multiple entry visa $40
- The cost of a 90-day multiple entry visa $100
Visit these websites for full details:
United States of America passport holders do not require a tourist visa in advance to visit Oman. Simply disembark your flight at Muscat International Airport and proceed to one of the Currency Exchange counters to pay for the visa fee for a 30-day tourist visa, then proceed to Immigration and present the receipt. The visa fee can be paid in cash in US dollars (about US$50 to $60 depending on exchange rate).
For further details visit:
United States of America passport holders need a valid Tourist Visa to travel to Sri Lanka for a sightseeing visit. You can obtain your 30-day tourist visa by:
- Applying at the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) website http://eta.gov.lk
- Applying at a Sri Lanka embassy
- Applying at Bandaranaike International Airport with a possible long wait and higher fee
The cost of a 30-day visa applied prior to your arrival is about $35. The cost is $40 on arrival at the port of entry as of time of publication. You may pay with a credit card. (reference: http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/fees.jsp)
When should you apply?
It is always better to give some extra time for a visa application. We recommend one week in advance when using the ETA website.
Full details are at the Sri Lanka government website under Visa Services