Trails of Ancient India
The history of ancient India civilization starts from the prehistoric era to the recent colonial era of modern India. Explore what makes this vast country abundant and its nation so culturally diverse.
Step back into the prehistoric era to witness its rich heritage, centuries worth of passed-down traditions, and pre-historic customs. This journey will take you to remarkable pre-historic rock caves, solitary stone temples and monumental sculptures of Madhya Pradesh state in the heart of India that will simply have you inspired and craving for more. See prehistoric sketches and paintings as old as 10,000 years in the Bhimbetka rock caves. These truly remarkable sights will make wonderful stories and photos for long-lasting memories of your visit.
11 Days, 10 Nights: Mumbai, Aurangabad, Maheshwar, Indore, Ujjain, Bhopal
TRIP OVERVIEW (*UNESCO World Heritage Sites)
✦ Customizable Private Tour
Mumbai City Tour
Gateway of India
Prince of Wales Museum
Mani Bhavan (Gandhi’s Museum)
Haji Ali Dargah Temple
Shri Siddhivinayak Temples
Bibi Ka Maqbara
Maheshwar City Tour
Mandu City Tour
Hindola Mahal (Swing Palace)
Baz Bahadur Palace
Street Dinner Experience
Kal Bhairav Temple
Bhopal City Tour
Tribal Village Museum
Bhojpur City Tour
Bhimbetka Rock Shelters*
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TOUR
A JOURNEY INTO THE PREHISTORIC PAST
Take an off-the-beaten-path journey to explore Bhimbetka rock shelters that are 10,000 years old, a 600 BC ancient walled city and 200 BC cave temples. Many of these were accidentally discovered in 19th century by British army officers.
LOVE AND ROMANCE MEMORIALS
The palaces, forts and mausoleums in this ancient land tell the stories of endearing mourning by a prince for his queen mother, and a sultan’s consort who poisoned herself after her sultan was defeated by a Mughal general.
PALEOLITHIC ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE
There are thousands of paintings that showcase India bison, rhinoceroses, elephants and tigers with scenes of hunting, battle and snapshots of daily life.
Meet Up at Mumbai (BOM) | Arrival & Transfer
Mumbai | Elephanta Cave, City Tour
Mumbai - Aurangabad | Ellora Caves, Daulatabad Fort, Bibi Ka Maqbara
Aurangabad – Ajanta Caves
Aurangabad – Burhanpur
Burhanpur - Omkareshwar – Maheshwar | Asigarh Fort, Omkareshwar Temple
Maheshwar – Mandu - Indore | Fort and Palaces, Night Market
Indore – Ujjain – Bhopal | Hindu Temples
Bhopal | Museum, Ancient Caves & Temple
Bhopal | Bhojpur, Bhimbetka Rock Shelters
Bhopal | End of Tour
Hotel InformationWe carefully handpick our hotels to ensure they provide you with the best comfort and experience. For Private Tours, you may request a specific hotel as one of the customizable options.
|Destination||Comfort Class||Premium Class||Luxury Class|
|Aurangabad||Keys Select Aures|
- COMFORT ⭐⭐⭐- 3-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- PREMIUM ⭐⭐⭐⭐- 4-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- LUXURY ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - 5-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
Dates & Pricing
Private Experiences, daily departures except for Sunday, Friday
|2020||Oct 1 to Dec 20||$2,120||$3,030||$3,055|
|2021||Jan 5 to Mar 31||$2,120||$3,030||$3,055|
Private Tour Price Details
- ‣ Prices are in USD and are inclusive of all applicable taxes but do not include airfare.
- ‣ Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply during applicable major holidays. Special rates for single travelers or larger groups are available on request - please inquire.
- ‣ Note that tour prices vary according to season. If your tour straddles two seasons then each portion will be priced according to that season.
- ‣ A deposit of $300 per person is required upon booking and full payment to be made 60 days prior to departure date.
- ‣ Monthly installment plan is available - please inquire.
- ‣ We work with all major airlines for the best routes and competitive pricing.
- ‣ The nearest airport is BOM(Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport).
- ‣ Contact us for more details and pricing.
- ‣ Airport Transfers, Meet and Greet
- ‣ Hotel Accommodations
- ‣ Daily Breakfast and Selected Meals (See tour plan for details)
- ‣ English-speaking Local Guide
- ‣ Entrance Fees to Monuments & Attractions per Itinerary
- ‣ International and Domestic Air Fare
- ‣ Travel Insurance
- ‣ Medical Expenses
- ‣ Visa Fee
- ‣ Gratuity
- ‣ Personal Expenses