India: Great Wonders of the South
This trip is designed for travelers interested in exploring southern Indian culture. Discover the best places to visit, from the golden beaches of Goa to Kerala’s palm-fringed backwaters. Absorb the more calm, grounded, joyful and welcoming atmosphere as your experience southern hospitality as warm as the Indian summers themselves.
Stroll on the sunny coast of the Arabian Sea and relax on a Backwaters houseboat boat cruise. Feast your eyes on varieties of ancient temples ranging from carved rock, rainbow-colored stucco to skyscraper temple towers. Excite your taste buds with French-Tamil fusion food and Chettinad cuisine cooking demonstrations on the Tea and Spices trail. You’ll be amazed of the diversity of India culture, it’s a true eye-opening experience for all.
13 Days, 12 Nights: Chennai, Mylapore, Pondicherry, Thanjavur, Karaikudi, Madurai, Munnar, Cochin
TRIP OVERVIEW (*UNESCO World Heritage Sites)
Welcome Dinner with Dance Performance
The Group of Monuments at Mahabalipuram*
‣ Pondicherry City Tour
Sri Aurobindo Ashram
Pondicherry Government Park
French-Tamil Cooking Demo
Silk Weavers’ Colony
Saraswati Mahal Library
Art Gallery in Thanjavur
Chettinad Cooking Demo
Trichy City Tour
Meenakshi Amman Temple
Munnar Hill Station
Tea Plantation Tour
Tea Museum Tour
Kudla Dam Walk
Echo Point Walk
Cochin City Tour
Antique & Spice Markets
Chinese Fishing Nets
Synagogue at Jewish Quarter
Kathakali Dance Performance
Private Houseboat Lunch Cruise
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TOUR
ANCIENT SKYSCRAPER TEMPLES
South India built towering multi-story temple towers centuries before other cultures. See the granddaddy of all Dravidian temples, the Meenakshi Amman temple which boasts 12 towers with the tallest at 170 feet.
A DREAMY LANDSCAPE
Unlike the hectic tourist epicenters of Jaipur and Delhi, relaxation practically oozes out of Kerala. As your boat glides along the backwaters, watch the farmers work on rice paddy fields, housewives washing laundry while coconut palms wave under a warm breeze.
LUSH GREEN KERALA MOUNTAINS
Ascend up to the tea plantations in Munnar hill station for lush green estates that give off a vantage point from where one can drink in views of the neighboring valleys, mountains, and villages. The tranquil beauty of nature is punctuated by signs of women plucking buds and leaves from the green tea gardens, otherwise known as tea plantations.
Arrive Chennai, India
Chennai | Mylapore Peacock Trail
Chennai – Pondicherry (Puducherry) | Mahabalipuram, Kanchipuram
Pondicherry (Puducherry) | Pondicherry City Tour, Cooking Demonstration
Pondicherry – Thanjavur | Silk Weavers’ Colony
Thanjavur | Brihadeeswara Temple, Cooking Demonstration
Thanjavur - Karaikudi | Trichy City Tour
Karaikudi – Madurai | Meenakshi Temple
Madurai - Munnar
Munnar | Tea Plantation, Tea Museum, Kudla Dam, Echo Point
Munnar - Cochin | Cochin City Tour, Kathakali Dance Performance
Cochin | Alleppey Houseboat Lunch
HotelsWe carefully handpick our hotels to ensure they provide you with the best comfort and experience. For Private Tours, you may request a specific hotel as one of the customizable options.
|Destination||Comfort Class||Premium Class||Luxury Class|
|Chennai||Abu Sarovar Portico||
|Pondicherry||Atithi TGI Grand||
|Madurai||Astoria by Sparsa||
|Munnar||Abad Copper Castle||
|Cochin||Abad Dutch Bungalow||
- COMFORT ⭐⭐⭐- 3-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- PREMIUM ⭐⭐⭐⭐- 4-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- LUXURY ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐- 5-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
Hotel Check-in and Check-out
Pre-Tour Hotel Add-on and Post-Tour Hotel Add-on
Private Tour (Land Only)
|Year||Tour Date||Comfort Class||Premium Class||Luxury Class|
|2020||Oct 1 to Dec 20||$2,750||$2,920||$4,110|
|2021||Jan 10 to Mar 30||$2,750||$2,920||$4,110|
|2021||Apr 1 to Sep 30||Call||Call||Call|
|2021||Oct 1 to Dec 20||Call||Call||Call|
Private Tour Price Details
- ‣ Daily departure.
- ‣ Prices are in USD and are inclusive of all applicable taxes but do not include airfare.
- ‣ Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Special rates for single travelers or larger groups are available on request - please inquire.
- ‣ Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply during applicable major holidays. 2021 blackout dates: Dec 16-31 and major holidays. 2022 blackout dates: Jan 1-10, April 16-24, Dec 16-31 and major holidays.
- ‣ Note that tour prices vary according to season. If your tour straddles two seasons then each portion will be priced according to that season.
- ‣ We work with all major airlines for the best routes and competitive pricing.
- ‣ The nearest arrival airport is MAA(Chennai International Airport).
- ‣ The nearest departure airport is COK(Cochin International Airport).
- ‣ Contact us for more details and pricing.
- ‣ Airport Transfers, Meet and Greet
- ‣ Hotel Accommodations
- ‣ Daily Breakfast and Selected Meals (See tour plan for details)
- ‣ English-speaking Local Guide
- ‣ Entrance Fees to Monuments & Attractions per Itinerary
- ‣ International and Domestic Air Fare
- ‣ Travel Insurance
- ‣ Medical Expenses
- ‣ Visa Fee
- ‣ Gratuity
- ‣ Personal Expenses
- ‣ A deposit of $300 and the airfare price is required upon booking. Full payment to be made 60 days prior to the departure date.
- ‣ A monthly installment plan is available - please inquire.
- ‣ Pre-tour hotel night
- ‣ Post-tour hotel night