India: Great Wonders of the South
This trip is designed for travelers interested in exploring Southern Indian culture. Feast your eyes on ancient temples of all kinds, from carved rock, rainbow colored stucco to skyscraper temple towers. Reach back in time to the Dravidian culture and observe the later influences of the French, Dutch and English colonialists.
Enrich your knowledge while enjoying a cup of tea at the Munnar Tea Plantations and Tea Museum. Arrive in Kerala where St Thomas the Apostle introduced Christianity in the 1st century. Stroll on the sunny coast of the Arabian Sea and relax on a Backwaters small boat cruise. You’ll be amazed of the diversity of India culture!
13 Days, 12 Nights: Chennai, Mylapore, Pondicherry, Thanjavur, Karaikudi, Madurai, Munnar & Cochin
Customizable Private Tour
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TOUR
‣ This trip starts with many ancient monuments including the skyscraper Meenakshi Temple
‣ Visit the 7th century temples at Mahabalipuram, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
‣ French-Tamil fusion food and Chettinad cuisine cooking demonstrations will excite your taste buds on the Tea and Spices trail
‣ We end our journey in God’s Country, Kerala, surrounded by lush landscape and an unhurried life
Ancient Skyscraper Temples
South India built towering multi-story temple towers centuries before other cultures. The grand-daddy of all Dravidian temples, the Meenakshi Amman temple, boasts 12 towers with the tallest at 170 feet.
A Dreamy Landscape
Unlike the hectic tourist epicenters of Jaipur and Delhi, relaxation practically oozes out of Kerala. As your boat glides along the backwaters, watch the farmers work on rice paddy fields, housewives washing laundry while coconut palms wave under a warm breeze.
Lush Green Kerala Mountains
Ascend up to the tea plantations in Munnar hill station originally established by Bristish Raj. With its cooler weather, the fog often wafts over the mountains. The tranquil beauty of nature is punctuated by signs of women plucking buds and leaves from the green tea gardens (tea plantations).
Meet Up at Chennai (MAA)
Chennai | Mylapore Peacock Trail
Chennai – Pondicherry (Puducherry) | Mahabalipuram, Kanchipuram
Pondicherry (Puducherry) | Pondicherry City Tour, Cooking Demonstration
Pondicherry – Thanjavur | Silk Weavers’ Colony
Thanjavur | Brihadeeswara Temple, Cooking Demonstration
Thanjavur - Karaikudi | Trichy City Tour
Karaikudi – Madurai | Meenakshi Temple
Madurai - Munnar
Munnar | Tea Plantation, Tea Museum, Kudla Dam, Echo Point
Munnar - Cochin | Fort Cochin, Kathakali Dance Performance
Cochin | Alleppey Lunch Cruise
|Destination||Comfort Class||Premium Class||Luxury Class|
- COMFORT ⭐⭐⭐- 3-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- PREMIUM ⭐⭐⭐⭐- 4-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- LUXURY ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐- 5-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
Dates & Pricing
Private Tour, daily departure
|Year||Tour Date||Comfort Class||Premium Class||Luxury Class|
|2020||Jan 10 to April 15||Call||$4,545||Call|
|2020||Apr 16 to Sep 30||Call||$4,185||Call|
|2020||Oct 1 to Dec 10||Call||$4,785||Call|
|2021||Jan 15 to Apr 15||Call||$4,785||Call|
|2021||Apr 1 to Sep 30||Call||$4,395||Call|
|2021||Oct 1 to Dec 19||Call||$5,025||Call|
Private Tour Price Details
- ‣ Prices are in USD and are inclusive of all applicable taxes but do not include airfare.
- ‣ Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply during applicable major holidays. Special rates for single travelers or larger groups are available on request - please inquire.
- ‣ Note that tour prices vary according to season. If your tour straddles two seasons then each portion will be priced according to that season.
- A deposit of $300 per person is required upon booking. Full payment to be made 90 days prior to departure date.
- ‣ We work with all major airlines for the best routes and competitive pricing.
- ‣ The nearest arrival airport is MAA(Chennai International Airport).
- ‣ The nearest departure airport is COK(Cochin International Airport).
- ‣ Contact us for more details and pricing.
- ‣ Airport Transfers, Meet and Greet
- ‣ Hotel Accommodations
- ‣ Daily Breakfast and Selected Meals (See tour plan for details)
- ‣ English-speaking Local Guide
- ‣ Entrance Fees to Monuments & Attractions per Itinerary
- ‣ International and Domestic Air Fare
- ‣ Travel Insurance
- ‣ Medical Expenses
- ‣ Visa Fee
- ‣ Gratuity
- ‣ Personal Expenses