Darjeeling & Tiger’s Nest
Visit the Roof of the World to take in the spectacular views of the three tallest mountains on Earth, as well as beautiful waterfalls, unique native plants, ancient mystical Tibetan Buddhist monasteries. Take a gentle hike through the rice paddies that stair-steps down the hillsides as you visit the countryside of East India and Bhutan.
This off-the-beaten path journey lets you see an ancient trade route, tea plantations from the British Raj era and the world-famous Tiger’s Nest. This is an adventure for the mind, body, and spirit.
14 Days, 13 Nights: Delhi, Gangtok, Darjeeling, Thimphu, Punakha, Paro
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TOUR
Impressive and Mysterious East Himalayas
The Eastern Himalayas are majestic mountains with beautiful waterfalls and amazing native plants. You’ll also find ancient mystical Tibetan Buddhist monasteries with colorful murals and Thangka wall paintings. Not surprisingly this region is a popular destination for Buddhist pilgrims.
Bhutan’s Sacred Tiger’s Nest
No visitor leaves Bhutan without making the trek to the Taktsang Palphug, aka the Tiger’s Nest. Situated on the edge of a cliff, some 1,700 feet above the rice fields of Paro, this 325-year-old monastery is the kingdom’s most sacred religious site. To get here takes about 5 hours round-trip hike, but simply walking these revered slopes is enough to induce a meditative mood.
The Land of the Dragons is a Green Kingdom
They take environmental responsibility seriously here. Bhutan is the only country in the world that offsets more carbon dioxide than they actually create. For the traveler, it means fresh, crisp mountain air, pollution free skies and stunning greenery that extends as far as the eye can see. Bhutan is arguably one of the most naturally beautiful countries in the world.
Meet Up at Delhi (DEL) or Kolkata (CCU)
Delhi/Kolkata - Bagdogra - Gangtok
Gangtok | Monastery Trail
Gangtok – Darjeeling | Tea Plantation
Darjeeling | Tiger Hill, Toy Train Ride
Darjeeling - Phuentsholing, Bhutan
Phuentsholing - Thimphu
Thimphu | City Tour
Cheri Monastery, National Memorial Chorten, Handicrafts
Thimphu - Punakha | Dochu-la Pass, Chimi Lhakhang
Punakha | Gentle Hike, Punakha Dzong
Punakha - Paro | Simtokha Dzong, National Museum, Paro Dzong, Kyichu Lhakhang
Taktshang Monastery, Jangtsa Dumtseg, Archery Demonstration
|Destination||Comfort Class||Premium Class||Luxury Class|
- COMFORT ⭐⭐⭐- 3-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- PREMIUM ⭐⭐⭐⭐- 4-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- LUXURY ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐- 5-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
Dates & PricingPRIVATE TOURS, Daily departures except for Wednesdays.
|2019||Jan 11 to Mar 31||Call||Call||Call|
|2019||Apr 1 to Sep 30||Call||Call||Call|
|2019||Oct 1 to Dec 15||Call||Call||Call|
|2020||Jan 11 to Mar 31||Call||Call||Call|
|2020||Apr 1 to Sep 30||Call||Call||Call|
|2020||Oct 1 to Dec 15||Call||Call||Call|
- ‣ Prices are in USD and are inclusive of all applicable taxes but do not include airfare.
- ‣ Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply during applicable major holidays. Special rates for single travelers or larger groups are available on request - please inquire.
- ‣ Note that tour prices vary according to season. If your tour straddles two seasons then each portion will be priced according to that season.
- A deposit of $500 per person is required upon booking and full payment to be made 70 days prior to departure date.
- ‣ We work with all major airlines for the best routes and competitive pricing.
- ‣ The nearest arrival airport is DEL (Delhi International).
- ‣ The nearest departure airport is PBH (Paro International).
- ‣ Contact us for more detail and pricing.
- ‣ Airport Transfers, Meet and Greet
- ‣ Hotel Accommodations
- ‣ Daily Breakfast and Selected Meals (See tour plan for details)
- ‣ English-speaking Local Guide
- ‣ Entrance Fees to Monuments & Attractions per Itinerary
- ‣ Air Fare
- ‣ Travel Insurance
- ‣ Medical Expenses
- ‣ Visa Fee
- ‣ Gratuity
- ‣ Personal Expenses