This is an adventure into a real tropical rainforest that many nature lovers and travelers will look forward to. This journey is trending up when it comes to family vacations. Make memories with a quintessential Malaysian Borneo journey playing with orangutans and observing sun bears at wildlife sanctuaries. Awe at pygmy elephants, big nose proboscis monkeys, exotic tropical flowers, beautiful butterflies and witness a variety of birds on your treks and river cruises. A great feature of this trip is, our adventures don’t just stop at sunset. With after-dark excursions we will switch it up and see the nocturnal animals as they awake from their sleep and begin their night activities.
There is no “roughing it” on this tour. Rest and recharge every night at comfy eco-friendly resorts. Then last but not least, spend a day swimming, snorkeling, or just relaxing on the islands off the South China Sea. This is a great family adventure for the young and old with plenty for the whole family to partake in.
7 Days, 6 Nights: Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan, Sukau, Danum, Lahad Datu
Island Hopping Manukan island & Sapi island
Snorkeling & Swimming at Coral Reefs
Hiking at Tunku Abdul Marine Park, Manukan island
Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
Wildlife River Cruise (Lower
Kinabatangan River Sanctuary)
Menanggul River Cruise
Cruise to Oxbow Lake
Explore Gomantong Cave (Bird’s Nests Cave)
Wildlife River Cruise
Rainforest Nature Trail
Nocturnal Animals Night Drive
Coffin Cliff Jungle Trek
Nocturnal Animals Night Walk
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TOUR
It’s a jungle out there! With some of the world’s most wildlife-rich equatorial rainforests, enjoy jungle walks, river boat rides and eco-lodges that offer travelers many ways to get in touch with nature and admire the many beautiful unique flora and fauna.
ENRICHING JUNGLE WILDLIFE
Borneo will make your wildest naturist dreams come true. Get a glimpse of a wild orangutan or proboscis monkey swinging through the jungle canopy. Do you dare to lock eyes with a pygmy elephant, clouded leopard or saltwater crocodile? After dark, see nocturnal animals and birds as they prepare to hunt for food.
CULINARY MELTING POT
The islands cuisines are as wide ranging as they are delicious. Thanks to the many ethnic and cultural backgrounds of the Borneo’s peoples, there are fresh lobsters and fish at Chinese restaurants, delicious satay smells waft from smoky stalls at Malay night markets, spicy sambal sauces that set your taste buds on fire, and much more you have got to try!
Arrive Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu | Island Hopping
Kota Kinabalu - Sandakan - Sukau | Rainforest Wildlife
Sukau | River Cruise, Cave Excursion
Sukau -Danum Valley | Jungle Trekking, Night Drive
Danum Valley | Jungle Trek, Night Walk
HotelsWe carefully handpick our hotels to ensure they provide you with the best comfort and experience. For Private Tours, you may request a specific hotel as one of the customizable options.
- COMFORT ⭐⭐⭐- 3-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- PREMIUM ⭐⭐⭐⭐- 4-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- LUXURY ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐- 5-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
Hotel Check-in and Check-out
Pre-Tour Hotel Add-on and Post-Tour Hotel Add-on
|2021||July 15 – Sep 30||$4,750|
|2021||Oct 1 – Dec 15||$4,550|
|2022||Jan 10 – Dec 15||PLEASE CALL|
- ‣ Required add-on: domestic airfare Kota Kinabalu-Sandakanto & Lahad Datu-Kota Kinabalu. Indicative fare from $200, actual price available at tour booking.
- ‣ Daily departures.
- ‣ Prices are in USD and are inclusive of all applicable taxes but do not include airfare.
- ‣ Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply during applicable major holidays. Special rates for single travelers or larger groups are available on request - please inquire.
- ‣ Note that tour prices vary according to season. If your tour straddles two seasons then each portion will be priced according to that season.
- ‣ We work with all major airlines for the best routes and competitive pricing.
- ‣ The nearest airport is BKI (Kota Kinabalu International)..
- ‣ Contact us for more details and pricing.
- ‣ Airport Transfers, Meet and Greet (private at Kota Kinabalu, shared at other airports)
- ‣ Hotel Accommodations
- ‣ Daily Breakfast and Selected Meals (See tour plan for details)
- ‣ English-speaking Local Guide
- ‣ Entrance Fees to Monuments & Attractions per Itinerary
- ‣ All island hopping, treks and river cruises, shared guides and boats
- ‣ Air Fare
- ‣ Travel Insurance
- ‣ Medical Expenses
- ‣ Visa Fee
- ‣ Gratuity
- ‣ Personal Expenses
- ‣ Malaysia Tourism Tax (MYR 10 per room/night, pay directly to hotel)
- ‣ A deposit of $300 and the airfare price is required upon booking. Full payment to be made 60 days prior to the departure date.
- ‣ A monthly installment plan is available - please inquire.
- ‣ Pre-tour hotel night
- ‣ Post-tour hotel night