This is an adventure into a real equatorial rainforest that many nature lovers long for. A quintessential Malaysian Borneo experience playing with orangutans and observing sun bears at wildlife sanctuaries. Awe at pygmy elephants, big nose proboscis monkeys, exotic colorful tropical flowers, beautiful butterflies and chirpy birds on your treks and river cruises. Our adventures don’t stop at sunset, with after dark excursions to see nocturnal animals. There is no “roughing it” on this tour. Rest and recharge every night at comfy eco-friendly resorts. Last but not the least, spend a day swimming, snorkeling or just relaxing on the islands off the South China Sea.
Best of all, this is a great family adventure for young and old.
7 Days, 6 Nights: Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan, Sukau, Danum, Lahad Datu ✦ Customizable Private Tour
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TOUR
It’s a jungle out there! Malaysian Borneo has some of the world’s most wildlife-rich equatorial rainforests. Rainforest walks, river boat rides and eco-lodges offer travelers many ways to get in touch with nature and admire the many beautiful orchids and other unique flora and fauna.
Borneo will make your wildest naturist dreams come true. Get a glimpse of a wild orangutan or proboscis monkey swinging through the jungle canopy. Do you dare to lock eyes with a pygmy elephant, clouded leopard or saltwater crocodile? After dark, see nocturnal animals and birds on the hunt for food.
Culinary Melting Pot
The many ethnic and cultural backgrounds of Borneo’s peoples mean the island’s cuisines are as wide-ranging as they are delicious. Fresh lobsters and fish at Chinese restaurants, delicious satay smells waft from smoky stalls at Malay night markets and spicy sambal sauces that set your taste buds on fire.
Kota Kinabalu | Island Hopping
Kota Kinabalu - Sandakan - Sukau | Rainforest Wildlife
Sukau | River Cruise, Cave Excursion
Sukau -Danum Valley | Jungle Trekking, Night Drive
Danum Valley | Jungle Trek, Night Walk
- COMFORT ⭐⭐⭐- 3-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- PREMIUM ⭐⭐⭐⭐- 4-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
- LUXURY ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐- 5-Star Hotels or Equivalent Accommodations
Dates & PricingPRIVATE TOURS
|2019||Jul 1 – Dec 15||$4,300|
|2020||Jan 10 – Mar 31||$4,300|
|2020||Apr 1 – Dec 15||PLEASE CALL|
- ‣ Daily departures.
- ‣ Prices are in USD and are inclusive of all applicable taxes but do not include airfare.
- ‣ Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply during applicable major holidays. Special rates for single travelers or larger groups are available on request - please inquire.
- ‣ Note that tour prices vary according to season. If your tour straddles two seasons then each portion will be priced according to that season.
- ‣ A deposit of $500 per person is required upon booking. Full payment to be made 70 days prior to departure date.
- ‣ Domestic Airfare - Kota Kinabalu to Sandakanto Airfare from: US$25 (Exact fare varies depending on actual booking date)
- ‣ Domestic Airfare - Lahad Datu to Kota Kinabalu Airfare from: US$175 (Exact fare varies depending on actual booking date)
- ‣ We work with all major airlines for the best routes and competitive pricing.
- ‣ The nearest airport is BKI (Kota Kinabalu International)..
- ‣ Contact us for more details and pricing.
- ‣ Airport Transfers, Meet and Greet (private at Kota Kinabalu, shared at other airports)
- ‣ Hotel Accommodations
- ‣ Daily Breakfast and Selected Meals (See tour plan for details)
- ‣ English-speaking Local Guide
- ‣ Entrance Fees to Monuments & Attractions per Itinerary
- ‣ All island hopping, treks and river cruises, shared guides and boats
- ‣ Air Fare
- ‣ Travel Insurance
- ‣ Medical Expenses
- ‣ Visa Fee
- ‣ Gratuity
- ‣ Personal Expenses
- ‣ Malaysia Tourism Tax (MYR 10 per room/night, pay directly to hotel)