Seeking Millennials Who Travel Internationally
I know that I am not (I’m too old), but perhaps you are. Depending on the source you check people of the Millennial Generation can be born anytime between the early 1980’s and the early 2000’s. So if your birth year falls within that range you might consider yourself a Millennial.
In addition to your birth year you might identify well with Millennials if you share some or all of these characteristics:
- Like to save money. In general Millennials like to find a “good deal” and they tend to be practical with their finances. This might have something to do with the recession that they have grown up in.
- Like to help others and share ideas and knowledge.
- Tech savvy. Millennials grew up with computers, smart phones and technology.
- Pretty liberal with their views on controversial topics.
- Open to spending money to learn through travel. People of this generation in particular rank travel as a way to learn and enjoy the world, and they rank the importance of travel above that of saving for a home or new car.
Even if you are not a Millennial, you might have a lot in common with them. To find out how much you have in common with this generation, visit the “How Millennial Are You?” quiz.
Millennials, sign up to be trip companions!
If you are a member of the Millennial Generation, you might like to become a trip companion to help others—maybe even someone from your own hometown or home country? TripCompanion.com can help satisfy your needs to:
- Save money. Travel cheaper by charging a fee to be someone’s buddy on a flight that you would otherwise have to pay 100% out of your own pocket
- Help others by sharing your travel knowledge and experience. You can help people who are not comfortable traveling alone, not confident speaking a foreign language, traveling with young children, a first-time college-bound foreign student, or those who are unfamiliar with using technology, such as a smart phone.
- Gain good karma. Instead of financial gain, you can donate the companion fee to a charity, so you help many more people than just the traveler that you are accompanying.
- Use your tech skills. You can set up and manage your trip and companion plans from your smart phone.
- Have a social adventure. You can have a cross-generational experience—a new kind of entertainment especially on those long overseas flights when Wi-Fi is not available.
Read more about the Millennial Generation.
What do you think about traveling with a companion of a different generation than yourself? Tell us on the TripCompanion Facebook page.